Monday, June 30, 2008

SOLO ACT – THE GREAT ESCAPE

Hellewwwwww....... Last Tuesday, I've made the monumental decision and book a solo trip to KL for two sleeps (Friday – Sunday). Since it was a last minute trip, I didn't have much time to plan a project other than window-shopping and relaxing. I booked myself into a nice, convenient but expectedly very honeymoon hotel & lots of tourists from the Middle East. After checking in – the bell boy – Cik, sorang aje?? Attend conference? Meeting? . (Ok, ok, yes m alone... judge me as a loner... muahahhahaa). Soooo..... what did I do for this trip?

Day 1 – After checking in, I feel lonely as soon as I entered my room and texted Z. (She told me to think of the stuffs waiting hehehe)

  • Ada Complimentary fruits.
  • The initial pangs of loneliness and self-consciousness soon gave way to a sense of empowerment and freedom (yahooooo).
  • Went to the pavilion (5 mins walk- on the right of the hotel)
  • Went to Times bookshop (i prefer here than Borders KL)
  • Nine West on sale (so apalagi...).
  • Tapau food at Genki Sushi.
  • Back to the hotel before 8pm (as advised by the hotel staff... not to go alone at night time)
  • Had Sushi for dinner than made an appointment for massage at the hotel spa.
  • Watched The Holiday on HBO.
  • Overall, a little bit boring nite hahhahaa.


    Day 2 – Late for breakfast... went to the cafe at 10am and it was packed. So I decided to go straight away to KLCC and had breakfast at Secret Recipe. Confidence was forced upon me or I'd never have left my room. I never eat alone outside home but here, I had no alternative, except the decidedly defeatist room service option. Also a 5 mins walk to KLCC ... there are few options going to KLcc from the hotel. Either walk along the main road, or the best part, go to KL Convention Centre (opp the hotel), proceed to the basement level where Aquaria is... jalan straight then u reach Suria KLCC.... or u might choose via KLCC park... exit the Convention Centre where u can enjoy the scenery. At Suria KLCC, - M&S, Zara (no size lah), ISETAN were on sale during the weekend. By 2pm the premise started to pack and I decided to go back to the hotel, have rest for a while and go to Pavilion again. Parkson SALE.. kemarin no.. so I am LUCKY. Then, I went to Times again.... till 7pm coz I have SPA appointment at 8pm.


    At Swasana SPA – I chose a 90 minutes massage comprising of Balinese, thai massage. What a relief, great ambience, pleasant scent.... so relaxing. I don't know how to explain... m not good in writing actually hehehe.


    Day 3 – balik Brunei and back to the real world.


    Closing Stages: I feel fresh, stress-free, blissful and have enjoyed my first day at work today – after 2 weeks break (haha..my colleague told me I have this radiant look (entah banar or not). I wish this will be forever (dream on).


    P/s: Have you listened to Faizal Tahir's beautiful song, 'Sampai Syurga'? Sighs......

2 comments:

Zed said...

Well good on ya! at least you get to refresh yourself from all those spa and shopping theraphy hehe..
I thought I left a comment ages ago tapi nada appear ??

Anonymous said...

really? ke mana kah larinya comment atu hehehe